Before you import a contact list into Jumplead it’s important to be clear that you have gained permission to send email to those contacts.
Your list is okay if it’s:
- People on your list opted in on your website.
- People who have opted in to receive emails from you offline.
- People who have purchased your products, or have given you their email address so that they could receive updates from you.
- Your internal company employee list.
Your list isn’t okay if it’s
- A list that you have purchased from a 3rd party (even if it’s “opt in”).
- A list that you are renting from someone else.
- A list from Experian, D&B, Advertising Redbooks, AdBase lists, Lexis-Nexis.
- A list from a local chamber of commerce or local organisation or club.
- Emails that you have “scraped” from other websites, either manually or automatically.
- Recipients whose emails you collected without their permission, even if you think that they’d really like to hear from you.
- Members of any group or organisation that haven’t asked you for your emails.
- Emails collected by Facebook login. You can only send to those emails via Facebook.
- A list of customers who have dropped their business card into a fishbowl, unless it said on the fishbowl to drop their card in to receive emails from you.
- A list of registered voters.