Automations have two parts, a trigger based upon some contact activity and the marketing actions that the Automation initiates.
You can use an Automation to trigger multiple actions, for example if someone downloads your ebook (the trigger) you might want to do a number of things:
- Start an email Autoresponder campaign to say ‘Thank you’ and follow up after a time with more information.
- Stop an email Autoresponder to upgrade a contact to a new campaign sequence.
- Tag your contact with the name of the ebook they downloaded to enable you to segment them at a later date.
- Remove a Tag from a contact, for example to take them out of a Contact List.
- Notify yourself or another Jumplead user as to your Contact’s activity.
- Change their Stage to indicate their progress through your sales funnel.